|Posted by abernethyparkproject on October 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM|
The parks project team is delighted to confirm that thanks to a wonderful response by the community to our recent fundraising plea, we have raised sufficient funds to draw down a grant for £60k from SITA Trust.
This means that work on phase 2 of developing Powrie Park will begin in November 2013 and, all being well, should be complete by Summer 2014.
More than 100 households responded to our door-drop campaign, contributing almost £4000 in donations to the Park Project.
Without doubt it's been a fantastic response, well beyond our expectations and without which we would have missed out on the grant.
Huge thanks to everyone who donated, it really has made a difference.
A reminder that phase 2 plans include
- Building a car park behind the Pavilion and improving vehicle access
- Re-surfacing paths around the park perimeter and raising them to reduce/minimise flooding
- Creating a trim trail (5 stations) around the park, suitable for all ages
- Providing picnic tables and new benches
- Creating a sensory area and additional planting
- Adding a zip-slide or flying fox to the play area
If you meant to donate but didn’t quite get round to it, there’s still time! Click here to donate today.
A secondary benefit of this huge community support is that it will stand us in good stead to secure the rest of the funds we need to complete the project.
We plan to achieve this by
• applying for additional grants
• seeking the support of local corporates and
• hosting community fundraising activities e.g. a St Andrews Ceilidh on 23rd November at Williamson Hall
Please keep watching this space and local noticeboards for more updates. And thank you again to everyone who has contributed to the project so far.