|Posted by abernethyparkproject on September 2, 2013 at 2:30 PM|
￼￼￼We hope you have had the opportunity to enjoy (or watch others enjoy) the new play equipment in both Powrie and Williamson Parks - a great example of what the community can achieve when we work together.
Please give us your feedback on changes to both parks by completing a short survey at http/www.surveymonkey.com/s/9Q6GTFF or pick up a hard copy of the survey at Brian's shop.
Now the Abernethy Parks Project needs your help to deliver the second phase of improvements to Powrie Park. This includes
- Building a car park behind the Pavilion and improving vehicle access
- Re-surfacing paths around the park perimeter and raising them to prevent flooding
- Creating a trim trail around the park, suitable for all ages
- Providing picnic tables and new benches
- Creating a sensory area and additional planting
- Adding a zip-slide or flying fox to the play area
The good news
We have a provisional offer of funding for £60,000 towards the cost of the project.
One of the conditions of the funding is that we raise £6600 before 30 September 2013. We already have some money thanks to previous fundraising efforts but not enough to reach the target by the deadline.
How you can help
Having exhausted most sources of funding raising £40k for new play equipment, Abernethy Environmental Association urgently needs the financial support of local folk to help us reach our target. Can you make a donation? Any contribution, no matter how small, will make a difference.
e.g. if 250 households in Abernethy give £20 each before 30 Sep 2013, we will be able to go ahead and build a special community facility for future generations to enjoy.
Please take 5 minutes to donate today. If we do not raise £6600 we will not be able to claim the £60k grant and Powrie improvements will not go ahead. This is a unique opportunity, and our last chance.
Contributions can be made
- Online via Paypal or using credit card through our website http://abernethyparksproject.webs.com/
- by cash or cheque (payable to Abernethy Environmental Association) Please deliver to Jill Young (Treasurer) at 37 Brandywell Road (tel 850087) or Jill Donnachie (Secretary) at 6 The Glebe (tel 850106) or call and we can collect
- In-kind (if you have product, machinery or skills to share it could reduce our costs)
Please note that all donors will be publicly acknowledged unless they request otherwise.
We appreciate asking individuals for donations is not ideal but we are so very close to securing this large grant and have tried every other option we can think of to raise the necessary funds.
This is our last resort. Hopefully you can help.